An FAQ list to help you understand how it works.
1. How does acupuncture play a role in weight loss when losing weight is energy expenditure > calories intake?
Acupuncture helps control appetite and reduce hunger pangs associated with establishing a healthy diet. Acupuncture also helps regulate the body’s physiological functions for a healthy metabolism, which is important for optimal energy expenditure.
2. How fast can I see results?
Results can be seen within the first week of treatment. Focusing on healthy weight loss, our program sees an average reduction of 2-4 kg/month, amounting to a weight loss of 12kg or more in 3 months!
However, it is provided that the prescribed diet and recommended exercise are adhered to. As usual, results are subjected to individuals.
3. Is acupuncture painful?
Nah, acupuncture rarely hurts. If it does hurt, you could imagine the pain to be that of an ant bite. Points at the extremities might be more sensitive, but the sensation is usually brief.
Needle manipulations done by our TCM physicians might give you feelings of dull ache, tightness, tingling or radiating sensation at the site of manipulation.
4. What procedures do I have to expect before signing up for the program?
Our TCM physicians will carry out a brief medical assessment of your lifestyle and medical history to evaluate the possible causes of your weight issue, and determine if you are suitable to undergo treatment based on your medical conditions. Treatment can start immediately after the assessment.
For females, it is best to avoid treatment during their menstrual period.
5. Are your TCM physicians/ acupuncturists qualified?
Yes, of course. All our TCM physicians and acupuncturists are legally registered with Singapore’s Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners Board (TCMPB), a statutory board under Ministry of Health.
Practicing Certificates of our TCM physicians, as issued by TCMPB, are displayed within the respective outlets.
6. Is acupuncture safe?
Yes, acupuncture is safe when administered by a fully qualified TCM practitioner/Acupuncturist.
Side effects are uncommon, such as bruising at the site of acupuncture, muscle soreness or dizziness, of which are all mild and self-healing.
7. What is the length of an acupuncture treatment?
A typical acupuncture slimming session will last about 30 to 40 minutes. Treatment duration may vary according to individuals.
8. Where are the needles inserted?
For our weight loss program, acupuncture needles are inserted at the abdomen, thighs and legs regions.
9. Are the acupuncture needles reused?
Definitely not. We use only sterile and disposable needles. Once used, such needles are disposed of in biohazard containers.
10. Am I able to resume normal activities after acupuncture treatment?
Yes, it is safe to resume normal activities after treatment as you would not experience lethargy or dizziness thereafter, but you are advised to keep warm and dry for at least 2 hours after treatment.
11. Will the treatment leave any permanent scars or marks on the body?
The needles used for acupuncture are thinner than the ones used for injections. Hence, the treatment will not leave any permanent scars or marks.
12. Why is it necessary to watch my diet and exercise when receiving treatment?
Healthy diet and active lifestyle are basic requirements to good health. Acupuncture is able to correct the imbalances within the body that results in excessive weight gain, but it is also important for you to watch your diet and exercise to reinforce the effects of the treatment.
13. What else is involved besides acupuncture in the weight loss treatment program?
Besides acupuncture, you will be given a diet plan to comply with throughout the treatment course. You may also choose to try our other weight loss services such as massages and radiofrequency treatment, which helps reduce inches, tightens and firms the skin, or regulate the body’s physiological functions for optimal weight loss.
Usually, both acupuncture and massage treatments are done together to maximize the weight loss results.
14. What happens if I have to stay away from treatment for a week or two due to job commitments or vacations?
It is okay to stay away from treatment for just a week or two due to other commitments. However, it is still important to maintain your diet and exercise routine to prevent unnecessary weight gain.
15. Do I have to continually stick to the diet in order for my weight to be maintained at the ideal level? Will my weight re-bounce after treatment ends?
Aimin provides a stabilization phase whereby your diet will gradually resume to that of a normal healthy diet. The stabilization phase is crucial for weight maintenance.
Weight will be maintained at the ideal level if you adopt a sensible diet, avoiding frequent indulgence in unhealthy food and alcoholic drinks. Moderation is the key and should be practiced.
16. Can acupuncture treatment help to lose fats in specific problem areas i.e. stomach, hips or arms? Do you also treat other problems such as flabbiness or cellulite?
Aimin’s acupuncture treatment focuses on overall weight loss. To treat specific problematic areas, our signature slimming massage therapy can be used to effectively reduce flabbiness and cellulite.
Our latest technology, the Cool RF machine can also be used for skin tightening, cellulite reduction, as well as body shaping.
17. How soon can I start acupuncture treatment for weight loss after giving birth?
Following vaginal delivery, you are advised to start Aimin’s weight loss program at least 2 months after childbirth.
If Cesarean Section was involved during childbirth, you are advised to start Aimin’s weight loss program at least 6 months after childbirth.