1. Types of Customer Data
The types of Customer Data that Aimin collects depends on the circumstances of collection and on the nature of the service requested or transaction undertaken.
Below are the categories of Customer Data that Aimin collects depending on the circumstances:
- Personal Data, which includes but is not limited to –
- personal information that links back to an individual e.g., name, gender, date of birth, passport or other personal identification numbers;
- contact information e.g., address, phone number, email address;
- payment information e.g., credit or debit card information, including the name of cardholder, card number, billing address and expiry date;
- order information e.g., order information, product purchased or other service preferences;
For purposes of this policy statement, the phrase Customer Data includes Personal Data and Statistical Data.
The provision of Customer Data relevant for the transaction or service request at hand, is obligatory in order for Aimin to carry out its services to you.
The failure to supply such Customer Data may result in
- Aimin being unable to provide you with the services and/or products requested;
- Aimin being unable to update you on our latest products and services and/or launches; and/or
- your inability to enter or participate in contests or promotions organised by Aimin.
2. Purposes for Collection, Use and Disclosure
Generally, Aimin collects Customer Data, either directly from you or from your authorised representatives (i.e. persons whom you have authorised, persons who have been validly identified as being you or your authorised representative pursuant to our then-current security procedures), from third parties (e.g., our service provider), or from publicly available sources, through our Website and other channels including our roadshow counters in order to fulfil the following purposes, which include but are not limited to:
- Providing services to you such as processing a transaction (e.g., making a purchase), processing payment via our payment service provider, providing technical assistance, assisting you in the transaction, providing promotion alert messages through facilitating internet purchases
- Providing in-store services and other services that best meet your preferences and needs (which we may collect during our interactions with you);
- Marketing and communicating with you in relation to products and services offered by Aimin, Aimin’s service partners, as well as Aimin’s appointed agents;
- Contacting you for product or customer satisfaction surveys and market research; and
- Safety, security and legal compliance.
Aimin may also use and disclose your Customer Data with and to third parties in order to fulfil the purposes listed above.
In connection with the above, we may disclose your Customer Data to third parties, such as our payment service provider, freight service providers and logistics partners.
Aimin may also use and disclose your Customer Data to persons who have been validly identified as being you or your authorised representative(s) pursuant to our then-current security procedures, for the purpose of the relevant transaction or enquiry.
Aimin may disclose your Customer Data to law enforcement agencies and the government for security, customs purposes. For example, in cases where you send a product from Aimin to family and friends overseas.
In addition, Aimin may disclose Customer Data to our legal advisors for establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights, to our other professional advisors, or as otherwise authorised or required by law. Aimin also reserves the right to share Customer Data as is necessary to prevent a threat to the life, health or security of an individual. Further, Aimin may disclose Customer Data, as is necessary, to investigate suspected unlawful activities including but not limited to fraud, intellectual property infringement or privacy.
3. Transfer of information overseas
The Aimin Head Office is based in Singapore. Customer Data may be transmitted to data storage facilities where Aimin keeps its central records or for backup purposes. Customer Data may be transferred to Aimin’s offices and appointed agents in Singapore.
Aimin will, upon your written request to our Personal Data Protection Officer (see Section 10), allow you to access your stored Personal Data. Where permitted by law, Aimin reserves the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee for this service. Where permitted by law, Aimin reserves the right to deny you access to your Personal Data and may provide an explanation.
Aimin will retain Customer Data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, the legal or business purposes of Aimin, or as required by relevant laws.
When destroying Customer Data, we will take commercially reasonable and technically possible measures to make the personal information irrecoverable or irreproducible in accordance with the applicable laws.
Aimin needs your assistance to ensure that your Personal Data is current, complete and accurate. As such, please inform Aimin of changes to your Personal Data by contacting Aimin and submitting your updated particulars to Aimin in writing (see Section 10).
Aimin may also request Personal Data updates from you from time to time. As detailed in Section 2 above under the “Use and Disclosure” sub-section, your order information may be disclosed to the appropriate customs and immigration authorities (for overseas purchases) as required by law. As such, it is important to ensure that the Personal Data contained in your order information is current, complete and accurate.
8. Security safeguards
Aimin takes the security and protection of your Customer Data very seriously. As such, Aimin makes reasonable security arrangements to protect your Customer Data against loss or theft as well as unauthorised access and undue disclosure.
Examples of technical safeguards include encryption, “firewalls” and Secure Socket Layer (SSL).
It is the Customer’s responsibility to take care and ensure the continued confidentiality and accuracy of their Customer Data. Aimin will not be liable for any consequential misuse and/or fraud. If you have any concerns about security, you should contact Aimin (see Section 10).
10. Contact us / Personal Data Protection Officer Contact Details