To strengthen our immunity to fight against COVID-19, we can recommend you Traditional Chinese healing and strengthening soup known as Fungus & Pear Sweet Soup to try and consume.
This kind of TCM soup known as “run fei zhi ke tang” in Chinese can help to soothe and moisten the lungs to prevent coughing and also tonify the whole body while maintaining it at dry cooler temperatures.
Traditional Use and Health Benefits of Snow Fungus
Given a long history of traditional use, Snow Fungus is commonly used in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). It is also used in Chinese sweet dessert soup.
In TCM, Snow Fungus has provided certain health benefits such as an active ingredient in many varieties of skin care products, healing dry coughs and clearing heat in the lungs
Snow Fungus and Pear Sweet Soup Recipes
- 1 piece of dried snow fungus
- 2 Chinese pears
- 3 large red dates
- 1 tbsp Chinese apricot kernels
- 2 pieces of dried tangerine peel
- 1 litres of water
- 20 gram honey rock sugar (Optional)
- Rinse the snow fungus and soak in warm water for at least 1 hour. Remove the hard stem ends and cut into small pieces.
- Core and dice the Chinese pears.
- Prepare the pot of water.
- Place the Chinese pears in the pot and then add red dates, Chinese apricot kernels, dried tangerine peel and snow fungus.
- Bring to a boil and turn the heat down to low, and simmer for one hour and 30 minutes.
- Optional: If you prefer the soup to taste sweet, add 20 gram of honey rock sugar.
- Turn off heat and serve hot or warm.